Thursday, July 30, 2009

End of Story

I just finished Brisingr, and it was sad. I am now bummed. Even more bummering is the fact that the sequel is not yet released, nor is there an estimated date for it to be published. Don't get me wrong, it has been a very enjoyable read (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr). The characters are very likable and the story quite addictive. It is a tale of the struggle between good and evil, light and dark, so and and so forth. The good side just suffered a great loss, and then the book came to an end. That's all folks, until next time.... Not fair! It may have been a tad easier to take if I had and idea as to how long I have to wait until the story will continue. Now what?

In other news...
I plugged my iPhone into my laptop last night to update it. Usually an uneventful task, right? I guess the computer wanted to remind me of how I depend on it and my phone way too much. It started with the usual occurrences; device found, checking for updates, blah blah blah... Then it proceeded to wipe my iPhone, cleaned out, all info GONE. It took me a while to think of what to do next. I had just finished putting loads onto that phone. It is my brain at this point, I'm pretty sure I'd be lost without it (Yes, I know how pathetic that sounds). After realizing that yelling at the computer was pointless, I flipped through the options on the display on the laptop screen (iTunes set up). There wasn't much to go with. I've synced them before, and it has never behaved this way. I went over any changes I had made to iTunes and/or the iPhone, checking if any involved these drastic measures. I made a few alterations, then clicked "save changes". Nothing happened. I was in the process of dragging Colt into the mess when a new message popped up on the screen. "Do you want to replace or merge information". Merge, for the love of... MERGE. Colt made some comment on my lack of patience, but it went ignored, my phone just might survive this. With a few more prompts from the computer, we were on our way to a happy ending. It began to reload all of the information I had entrusted to the seemingly unstoppable device. I was about to relax, then the task bar popped up with "Estimated Time to Completion". It was hours, not minutes, hours. It was way past my bed time, so I left it alone. By the way, my phone is also my alarm clock. So I got up some time that night and retrieved it after it was done "loading". It's normal once again, and I've learned to save the back-ups.

I'm officially counting down to my vacation. I've marked every calender I come across. This weekend is service and shop in Austin. Next weekend I'm off Friday. I'll go to the Convention that Friday, service Saturday, and see what happens Sunday. I work the Friday of the next weekend after that (which is the Convention we are assigned to, but my co-worker's grand-baby is due, so she already claimed that Friday), and I'll be at the Convention Saturday and Sunday. I'm so happy it is only 8 miles away and so easy to get to. The following week, off to Florida. Hooray!!! Like I said, counting down....

No comments:

Post a Comment