Friday, September 18, 2009

New Do

I finally made an appointment to get my hair trimmed. It had been looking rough for awhile now. I was scheduled for today after lunch. New place, nice place. I went on the recommendations of several friends. One thing none of them told me, cash only. Good thing I got there 10 minutes early. I used up my "early time" trying to find a working ATM. Cash in hand, I eventually end up in the chair. I got the works. Wash, cut, dry, style. I brought my usual "this do" picture, and my stylist had the same one posted, this is good. We talked, laughed, and laughed some more. By the time she was done, there was so much starch in my hair, the humidity wouldn't dream of touching it . I ran home for a quick touch up and then went and caught a 2:20 showing of Love Happens. Adorable movie, definitely chick flick. Yes, I went alone, I'm weird like that. It was cute, and I cried. It's been so long since I've cried at a movie, and I was thankful I had a napkin stash at the bottom of my purse. It was more funny than sad, but had some scenes that would make anyone mist up a bit. Movie over, I go home and play with my new hair do. I brushed out as much of the starching as I could, but there is plenty left. I used the straightener a little, bring out some of the volume. This is when I noticed it was crooked. Maybe I'm holding my head wrong. Nope, left side is longer, or has less layer, I can't tell. One side is very different from the other. Good thing the theater was dark, hide me crying and my lop sided hair. I called the salon, and have another appointment for tomorrow at noon to get it evened up. So dinner at home tonight and sleep in tomorrow. I get to hide for a little while. That's okay, the laundry has been very neglected this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment