Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend of Rain

It has been raining off and on for some time now. It is good, we've needed the rain, and could bear some more. The weekend started off with sending Dillon off for his trip to Moab in his monster of a Cherokee. After much hard work, and sketchy deadlines, the beast was road worthy. He and Dad packed it Friday night and left before the sun came up Saturday. We missed Jeep night Thursday to give Dillon and Matt more time to work on their Jeeps. Dillon's time was more rushed than Matt's, but they keep each other balanced while working. I didn't help much. Most of the work consisted of welding, sawing, lifting, and other "big boy" tasks. So I just watched and enjoyed their antics. I tried to help at one point, but it ended up with me holding a rather hefty sky-lift while Dad and Dillon debated on where it would best be stowed. I think they stalled on purpose.

Saturday was Matt's going away party. I spent Friday morning putting together an album of pictures for everyone to sign and send with him. It started as a board, but too many pictures had to be used. I ended up getting a binder, some paper, two sided tape, and a nifty hole punch, and making a book version of my planned "Got Matt" board. It think it turned out okay. Saturday came quickly, I still hadn't picked up his "Care Package". (I made Dillon one, too, but he left most of it and Dad took the rest). Back to Wal-Mart. I picked up two packs of bottled water and swung by Starbucks for the finishing touch. While there, I gave in and treated myself to a much appreciated coffee. High on caffeine, I boxed up the water and taped the Starbuck's card to a paper that matched the "Got Matt" book, placed that over the water, then taped up the box. The water was more to throw off any guesses to what the box contained, it worked well. Since the box had chemical signs on it (x-ray solution), I taped more of the glowing green paper to the sides. Ready to party.

His party was nice, good turn out. It rained yet again, so we stayed under the covering of the porch and in the house. Delicious brisket, ribs, and sausage. All around good time.

-Don't worry, Dillon, I'll keep the Mini company!!!

-We'll miss you Matt,
Have a good move, make lots of friends, and take care of my summer home in Lake Tahoe.
Hope to visit before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment