Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December Already?

The past few months have just flown by. December is a happening month for me. We have our CA this month, and I still haven't gotten a room. I think I'll do that when I'm done here. Sounds like we'll be staying in Houston, all the local rooms are filled by now. I was told yesterday of a hotel with some rooms still open in the city, so that will do just fine for me. Hope it's warmer there.

Totally enjoyed our non-snow day last week. I was off Friday, so I just sat by the fire and waited for snow. I never saw any, I only heard two people say they actually saw it. I don't think we got any. Being from the Show-Me-State, I've got to see it to believe it! It's supposed to be pretty cold again tonight. The fireplace is already working! Colt is planning on making dinner, so I have time for a few projects I have going. He gets off around 6pm, so it'll be a late dinner. But food is food, and I don't have to cook, so it sounds good to me.

Work is picking up again. We've kept pretty busy the past few weeks. That's a good thing. I think we're close to booked until the new year. It changes each day, but it looks like we should be hopping for a while. We worked late yesterday. When we finally finished, the exit was blocked because of a wreck in front of the office. An older lady in a massive Buick hit, or ran over, an Honda motorcycle. The bike was well wedged beneath the car. The biker got up pretty quick after the wreck. He paced around a bit and waved his arms and rolled his shoulders, hopped around, I think making sure everything was still there. I was thinking, "Dude, it's okay if you want to sit down, wow." Then the line from 'Pursuit of Happyness' came to mind.... "You just got hit by a car!" I guess all went well, everyone went home on thier own, no rides in the ambulance.

We picked up a new hood vent, stainless steal to match the rest of the kitchen. Colt has been on call for two weeks straight (feels like more), so we haven't put it in yet. I got everything ready to do it myself when he was called out again, but decided not to. The old one looks like it's rigged goofy, and kind of scary, so I stopped. That and I don't know which breaker turns off the kitchen circuit.

Saw a few movies since I last wrote, rentals. The Translator, with Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn. It was okay, the end predictable, but good story. I'd watch it again. Seven Pounds, very good. Will Smith is just good, enough said. We also got Terminator Salvation (pg13 version) on Netflicks. That was really good. Sam Worthington stole the movie from Christian Bale. He acts with his eyes, I don't know how much else to explain it. I plan on buying it on DVD, very much liked it. The Jeep has a very short life in it, but it was nice all the same. I'm planning on going to see Avatar on it's midnight release next week. The theater in Harker Heights already has the tickets on sale for the 3D showing @12:01 Thursday night (Friday morning). I'm off that Friday, so I'm all for it. It looks really neat, hope it lives up to all the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment