Friday, April 9, 2010

Up 'Till Now

It's been too long since my last posting, sorry about that. Not much going on. Two weekends ago (I think) Colt and I escaped to Austin for the night. We stayed at the Aloft in the Domain. It was nice, and we had fun. Not much shopping, surprise. We pretty much drove around to see what we could see. It was a nice get-a-way. Came home to laundry and hungry cats. But it was still worth it. Hope to make it a regular thing. Just hide out now and again. No schedules, and have a cheap adventure.

Here are the pictures we managed to take, I kept leaving the camera in the Jeep.
http://picasaweb.google.com/milkjuug2/HidingOut#

Last weekend was busy, kind of. Thursday was Jeep Night @ Plucker's. We took Dillon's Jeep. It was Justin (who came in his Wrangler), Jered, Dillon, and me. It was nice out, perfect for eating out.

After Plucker's, we caught the late showing of Clash of the Titans. It wasn't bad. I'd watch it again, maybe. Now I'm waiting for a chance to go see How to Train Your Dragon. It looks good, hope to catch a matinee for that one.

Saturday we went out to the Sherricks' for some fun in the Jeeps. I went to dig up some Texas safe plants for my flowerbed. I ended up staying longer than I had planned. Dillon and Justin cleared some trails. After that, Dillon took his Jeep through the new trail and ran into some issues. We spent the rest of the day getting the huge beast of a Jeep out of the small 'canyon' it was lodged in. We had to make a new trail, used a come-a-long, pulled some with Justin's Wrangler, and finally towed him the rest of the way out with my Wrangler. It was exhusting. He ended up with a flat, and the lift gate ripped in half. Easy fixes, so far.

Lots more pictures and videos of that event.
http://picasaweb.google.com/milkjuug2/431002#

That's all I have for now. Here's to looking forward to a quiet, uneventful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment