Monday, November 15, 2010

Diving In Head First

I have been 'officially' working on writing for a little over a year now. I have one novel that has been my project for longer than that. I've rewritten it so many times I've quit keeping track. It could easily be stretched into a series type novel. There is a second manuscript I've been working on for a few months now and it is much closer to being finished than my first. I had hoped to have it done by the end of the year, but it's not looking so hot. I get rolling on these stories, then hit a block and freeze up. Juggling two actually helped. I'll work on one till I don't want to look at it any longer then switch to the other and revamp or progress. I am also my biggest critic. I'll love the way it is forming, then want to tear it up the next time I look it over. Hopefully I'm growing in my 'craft' and will eventually finish one of them.

This is where I'm jumping in....
November is apparently National Novel Writing Month. This is news to me. I found out this weekend, just as I started a third manuscript. So, I signed up and have accepted the challenge of writing a 50k word novel in 30 days. I've shorted myself 13 days with the late entry, but hey, why not.

So, here goes nothing. I'll try to keep you posted as I go mad with writing!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Why not you try, too!?!

It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment