Sunday, November 21, 2010

Technical Difficulties

I suffered a temporary setback in my NaNo adventure today. Apparently, my writing program counts each tab, or new line, as a word. So, I had the privilege of backtracking through my 120 some odd pages and remove each tab and line break. This cost me nearly 600 words from my count. That was frustrating. I didn't cry, but I sure wanted to. Instead, I sat down and typed with the aim to make my incompetent program feel my pain. The result, I increased my word count by over 5k words today. My current standing is 26802. That felt really good. Well, I'm exhausted and I don't want to look at my computer for about another year, but it was encouraging to see my progress bar actually progress.

I'm seriously wondering if I'm going to accomplish the 50k goal, but I'm definitely trying. It has been harder than I thought it would have been. Home life hasn't suffered too much for it. I somehow managed to house a celebration party yesterday to Colt's earning a new certification, Mac Tech now. Laundry is mostly caught up, kind of. The cats are as fat as usual. The tort and bunny are probably overfed. I've even taken time to make sure the evil lovebird isn't too bored. All in all, I think I'm balancing this challenge with my ordinary tasks. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment