Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting Closer

Last I blogged, I accomplished the 50k words and dropped. I had every intention to wrap up the manuscript shortly there after. It didn't happen. I just now closed the last chapter. It took far too long. I couldn't concentrate without the deadline flashing on my screen. All that is left now is to do a bit of an epilogue and to patch the hole I left for time's sake. I've been doing some proof reading on the side and found plenty of typos. I'll keep that up and send it to an editor I have made arrangements with. Then, I plan to send it to an editor at Amazon's Createspace for any last thoughts from them.

Other than that, it's been business as usual here. It's cold out, so I haven't done much of anything. I did make some changes to my desk here at home, turning my laptop into a slim tower and getting a nice monitor. The bigger screen has been great for hopping between the scripting programs. A nifty wireless keyboard and mouse pad rounded up the deal nicely. I had looked into getting a different laptop to get a better screen, but disagreed with the funding needed. This worked as a doable alternative.

I turned my facebook back on. I didn't realize I had been off for a little longer than a year. Maybe I'll do better with it this time.

Things have picked up at work. We've been busy since the start of the new year and the schedule has been filling up constantly. That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment