Thursday, March 31, 2011

Groundhog Day

I know it's long past, and I didn't really care for the movie, but the title seemed fitting. I'm stuck in the phase of perpetual revision. Each time I think I'm done and all set to print out the manuscript to deliver to the editor, I get this feeling that something isn't just perfect. Thus I dive back into tweaking. Now I'm paranoid that I'm going to tweak it to death. Last time, almost promise.

I did not set up the facebook or twitter for the book yet. Had too much fun this weekend. Well, it was more like Monday night. We had friends over, along with our traveling guest, and grilled fajitas. Not as many people showed as we expected, but we had a blast nonetheless. I laughed so hard I cried multiple times. It's been a while since we all got together and just hung out. No nagging or whining. No hating or griping. We all admitted to our different shades of baggage and trials, but they took a back seat for a night. Maybe I'm just that much of an observer lately, but I had to watch each friend in turn and think of where they've been, where they've gone, and where they are. We're all the same, just a little more seasoned. I wished we all could have called in Tuesday and kept on hanging out.

One thing I did accomplish, besides the before mentioned brownies; I am now hooked on Words With Friends. (The social game for smart phones) I am getting desperate in finding more people to play with. I only have two games going at the moment. They're not enough. One is getting very, very tricky. The other is with a person who works nonstop, thus he isn't as quick to keep the game rolling. Everytime my phone sounds the cute little "ding" that means it's my turn, I can hardly wait for the game to load. (My phone is SO slow)

I'm off tomorrow. Planning on unplugging the alarm clock before going to bed tonight. Maybe I'll sleep if I don't have a clock to stare at. No real plans for the weekend. I think that's a good thing. Colt has a going-away-part tonight for a co-worker who is moving to Hawaii. Poor guy, must be a hard move. (kidding) The cake is adorable. They got one from the local bakery; it said "Happy Birthday" and they had the lady cross it out with icing and write "Bye Doug" under it. What a crew. They'll have fun. So it's quiet here. Debating on watching a movie or sinking back into the endless rewrite adventure.

Oh, the bluebonnets are even prettier! And the banana tree came back to life! It's been too pretty out for the plants to stay brown and wilted. Only downside, pollen everywhere. We could use some rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment