Monday, April 4, 2011

Nothing Box

If you have ever seen the skit about the "nothing box", you know what I'm talking about. If not, youtube it, I'm sure it's easy to find. Anyway, I found mine this weekend. I actually did absolutely nothing (for a short time) and loved it. There's a difference between doing nothing, and actually doing nothing. I had no plans, no schedule, no nagging voices for a few relaxing moments and am looking for my next "nothing" time. Colt has always had a nothing box and it would drive me nuts. I couldn't stand or understand how he could just be, not think or plot or plan, but just sit. Hence, nothing box. It isn't bad. If one would do it all the time, that would be a shame. But to every now and again retreat to the quiet of nothing is refreshing. Promptly following my short time out, I did all the laundry, cleaned one bathroom, vacuumed upstairs and down, cleaned the kitchen, dusted, and even cleaned the ceiling fans.

So close to being finished with the rewrite it hurts. I should be doing it right now, but I have a few things I told myself I would do first because once I start, I don't stop until I face-plant into my keyboard. I have some reading to do and studying, among other things. One thing that set me back was I had to write out a storyline that came to mind about 3am Sunday morning. I don't know where it came from or if I will ever get around to fleshing it out, but it was definitely a new idea for me. I have it nearly drawn out in the sketchpad and I think I'll be able to get back to my usual writing once I put the closing thoughts into it. So for those of you counting, that is story number 5. Story one has 3 parts, story two is on its own, story three is my current manuscript and I have ideas to make it a 3 part one as well, story four is my weakest and it isn't entirely sketched out, and now my newest. I think it's safe to say this is never ending.

Got yet another book in this week as well. I won't read it for a little while. I have five books ahead of it. Eventually. It is at least shorter than the others, so I could probably read it in a day. Watched Tangled this weekend. Loved it. I watched it with Colt and had to rewatch it after he left. Every time Rapunzel would do something, Colt would laugh out that it was just like me. When she would talk to herself and have her self battles and how she would spaz one moment and then turn around and be all cheery again and the way she reacted to EVERYTHING was all me according to Colt. He wasn't too far off on a few points, but I would like to think I'm not as dense as she was. Anyway, cute movie. Not really what I expected. And we totally got a late fee coming on that one. Wanted Bluray and was impatient for Netflix, and I'm at odds with redbox at the moment, so we got it from the one rental store left in town. Had to pay an already owed late fee to get the movie, then we both forgot to take it back. Could have bought it by what we've spent to rent it. And the kicker, it is now in the mailbox from netflix. I need to work on my patience. Still haven't seen the new Tron movie. Colt has plans with a friend to go tonight to the midnight release. I plan to be in bed by then. Busy all week so I probably won't watch it till this weekend, so why the big deal with the midnight release? Maybe I'm getting old.

Speaking of midnight outings, I'll end this post with last night's adventure:
We went to HEB to get groceries. There is a display at the front door of tulips for sale. Bunches and bunches of full, colorful, beautiful tulips. In the middle of the mass is one lonely beat down looking yellow tulip.
Me: Aw... I want a tulip! (picks up sad yellow tulip)
Colt: Ok. But why that one? It's ugly. Get a different one.
Me: No. I want this one. I guess I have a thing for the rejects.
Colt: (bows head and frowns) oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment