Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tail End of the Weekend

This weekend went by way too fast. Though I did a few things on my to-do-list, it wasn't nearly as much as I had hoped. None of the home improvement stores happened. That was of the bigger bummers. Still have to tolerate the sad sliding door in the dining room. Its days are numbered. Didn't wash the Wrangler though I threatened to do so many times. Going to have to do it, ran out of window washer fluid and the Jeep is covered in pollen. I did the minimum amount of work in the yard as possible. I'm not prepared for the coming heat promised with living in Texas. It was in the 90's all weekend and I was a sloth.

Biggest bummer was the sad loss of my favorite pair of blue jeans. Yes, they're only jeans. But they were my Fav! I knew I was wearing them thin as of late. They've been fraying for some time. I've had them for so long. They're older than my Jeep. They've been everywhere. I've never seen or read the story of the Traveling Pants, but I have a feeling I could have written a sequel with these. Just a few places: NYC several spring breaks ago, Florida twice, Upstate NY twice, Missouri once or twice, Albuquerque several times, South Padre too many times to count, and every girls' night out from Dallas to Houston many times over. I only had one other pair of jeans so I went and bought two more yesterday. None of them are anything like my old jeans, but I guess I'll have to get over it.

Rewatched My Best Friend's Wedding on Friday. I forgot how much I love that movie. It's been years since I've last seen it. I could easily watch it again. My favorite part is where George leads the group in singing "I Say a Little Prayer" at the dinner.

New downloads music-wise is Danni Rosner and Missy Higgins, among others. Heard Missy Higgins on Pandora and Danni Rosner on Twitter. I don't know why I didn't hear of them earlier. Very easy to listen to.

Haven't heard from my editor this week. I'm doing my best not to call and harass him. Thinking I might drop him a short "Hi, how are you?" email and see if I could get a guestimate on when I could expect him to be finished attacking it with the red pen.

That's all for now. Gotta help put the groceries away...

No comments:

Post a Comment