Friday, June 3, 2011

Mission Accomplished. Sort of.

I finally did it. The long weekend was spent talking myself into going into the office Tuesday and asking for part time hours. I was afraid my employer would be an all or nothing type of guy considering work schedules. Then something came up at home that completely messed up all plans I have ever made. It took me a few days to learn to breathe again. Hubby and I did lots of "what if" comparisons and decided it was still in our best interest for me to cut back my hours. Doc took it well. I think. Maybe. He got a little flustered at first, then heard me out. I assured him I wasn't looking for work elsewhere or leaving our small private practice family, just simply wanted more time to see to my home life and what not. We went over a few resumes that had recently come to the office and I think we ended the morning on a good note. Monday will be full of questions, I'm sure. So it went much better than I thought it would, which makes me feel so much better.

I've been busy planning a going-away party for Dillon. Little bum is moving to Lake Tahoe. Boo. So the party is code named "Boo Party". He doesn't want a party, but that's just tough. He didn't ask my opinion about moving, now, did he? Again, bum. He is now in my kitchen trying to make a sandwich, so I'm going to stop here. I can only imagine the mess I'm about to find...

No comments:

Post a Comment