Sunday, July 17, 2011

#Row80 7/17 Check-In

This is a good check-in. I actually hit my word count for one day. Yes, I missed it miserably all the other days, but that one day was a good boost. I wrapped up the scene not long after reaching the 1000 word goal and went to bed happy.

I've been reading others' post on how they've been exceeding 1k words by a long shot. It's good to know there are so many trucking right along. Then there are others who are struggling the same as I am. We'll all eventually get there. It's the fun and writing that counts.

The challenge isn't just about how many words we can pile into a document, it's the fact that we are actively forming these stories and getting them out of our heads. Now whether or not these will be coherent stories is another matter entirely. I can tell you here and now that this one will keep me plenty busy in the editing and rewriting department when it's "done".

4 comments:

  1. Good attitude. It's very easy to get bogged down and discouraged by word counts goals. I'm wanting to jump start my writing career so I'm pushing myself just past what feels comfortable. I've given myself the dreaded word count goals, but discovered in the process that it's doable, although perhaps not quite as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I see the point of ROW 80 not so much as racing to achieve ALL your goals (which we sometimes naively set, or at least I did) but rather accomplishing a sort of meta-goal of just finding a way to fit writing and storytelling into our daily lives in a way that works for US. It sounds like you're doing great on that front, so don't let the word counts bog you down and good luck on your writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't feel bad for not completing her goal every day. Now I don't feel as bad. :D Good luck this week!

    Oh, BTW, your cat is adorable. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no its about finding what's comfortable and being flexible enough to change the goals - and about getting ptriorities straight - real life is actually more important in the grand scheme of things - well done and good luck

    ReplyDelete