Wednesday, July 20, 2011

#Row80 7/20 Check-In

Not a bad check-in. But it isn't great either. One day was successful by means of my WC goal. The others not so much. I did manage to get a little done each day though. One night I went to bed without even looking at my WIP, then got up and put 100-something in. Not sleeping again. I should just stay up with it and put the insomnia to work. I think I'm trying to come down with something. Called in this morning, then went in after lunch. Should have stayed home. Crummy day. They needed help at the office, but I'm not sure I actually helped. I think I was more in the way than anything.

I did, however, get my first digital proof back on Where to Belong. I've only glanced over it so far. When I post this, I'll get back to it and read it through. If it is a go, I should get a physical copy in 7-10 business days. That was my one bit of good news for the day.

And I've had a few "Eureka" moments as of late concerning my WIP. I had the whole thing plotted in an outline. But now I have some new things I want to work into it. Just when you think you've got a story all figured out, the muse goes and changes things up on you. Maybe it's the not-sleeping that's to blame.

There you have it. One great day of word count achievement and a handful of not so great days. Still kicking.

3 comments:

  1. Don't doubt yourself, progress is progress. You should give yourself a pat on the back for getting anything done. I however have managed to whittle my time by... oh man, maybe I should back to work, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stress. With my current book, I had about 30k words before I went and changed the entire storyline!! It was essentially starting all over. But 2 months later I'm almost ready to release it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well!! And I'm impressed you only took a morning off. Keep plugging away. That's all I'm doing. No super impressive word counts, just regular progress. What's "Where to Belong"?

    ReplyDelete