Sunday, July 24, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 7/24

The past few days were not nearly what I hoped them to be writing-wise. My set goal of 1ooo words per day did not happen. But I should mention that I have a silent goal of opening the WIP and typing in at least 100 words per day. I know that isn't very much and I won't get far at all with a goal like that, and that is why it was my silent goal. Plan B, if you would. I did accomplish that much. Last night was the only night that was close to the 1000 goal even though I fell short.

The entire WIP is only at 10,009 words. I shouldn't have looked that up because it is disappointing. For as much time as I've spent staring at the screen you would think that I would have at least twice that. One day it will click.

I do have to say the support from fellow ROWers has been wonderful. Hoping to visit a few here in a sec and see how everyone is doing.

Until next time.

9 comments:

  1. At least you worked on it every day. I discovered the writing flows better when I hand write instead of trying to type on computer. I could stare at the screen for hours and erase everything I thought of. Give it a try and see if it works better for you. And try not to let the numbers get you down. Just let the story flow a bit at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sorry to hear that you didn't get as much writing done as you had wanted, but at least you were able to write a bit each day. I've found that some days my creativity is flowing, whereas on other days it's like pulling teeth just to get a few words down. Being consistent, though, helps, so don't get too discouraged! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone else, of course - at least you did something towards your goal each day. You're not always going to be able to meet your goal or even feel like it, but it's great that you keep moving forward. I used to do a lot of blank screen staring myself! I figured out at some point that if I put headphones on (usually with movie soundtracks) that I can block out anything and words pour out. Otherwise, I do anything BUT type. Good luck this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100 words is a 100 hundred words. I hope that your WIP clicks soon and the words flow for you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, I'll join the chorus--progress is progress. I personally cannot do word counts. I'm like a 4-year-old constantly asking, "Are we there yet?" It drives me mad! I think times like this are ideas bubbling on the back burner. I feel sure it will happen for you. Have a great week, and remember that half-full glass!

    Nancy (lapidaryprose)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100 written is 100 more than none - don't fight it maybe ideas are needing time to perculate a bit more - keep writing something and avoid panic the words will come - allo the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what? Don't hang your head on a goal of 100 words a day. It's still 100 words a day! Keep going - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep on truckin! I've hit a wall on the nonfiction book I'm working on and haven't been able to write in over a week now.
    -Matthew
    @mkvermillion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making progress every day is AWESOME even if it isn't as much as you had hoped. At least you are moving forward! Sometimes that's a very hard thing to do. (Says the girl who hasn't found time to work on a WIP in far too long.)

    ReplyDelete