Sunday, August 7, 2011

#Row80 8/7 Check-In

I've only looked at a few fellow ROWers' posts for this check-in. It seems that "Life Happened" to more than just me. So I know I am in good company. Not a good check-in, but not as bad as my "0" check-in. My list of tiny word counts is 199 for Wednesday after checking in, 130, 100, and 162 for last night. Seeing a pattern. Not a good pattern, but hoping to change that. This week has not failed to keep my busy. When I finally got around to sitting down with my WIP, either I couldn't focus or I was too blame tired to think. My original goal of 1000 words per day has rarely been reached. The fall-back of 100 seemed almost unattainable this week. But I know I can do better, so I am going to continue with my orneriness and keep the original goal. When November comes around, I will have to do at least 1,666 words each day to keep up with NaNoWriMo. I have done that and then some last time around. I just have to find that grove I am apparently missing at the moment.

Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think that participating in NaNoWriMo last November made me think I don't have to push hard anymore...LOL

    It looks like we're all taking a bit of a break, which is fine. Necessary for recharging the batteries.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, there are days when each word is agony. There is no point in blaming yourself. As Laurel-Rain says, sometimes it is just time for a break. I find that things are simmering on the back burner, bubbling quietly away without my even noticing, and at some point, the words flow again.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog; I hope that you have an easier week ahead!
    Nancy

    Oh, and I love the quote about renting space--too dang true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the predicament -- sometimes the words flow forth with abandon and it's all I can do to keep up, and other times I feel like I'm forcing myself to add just one... more... word. One of the wonderful things about ROW80, though, is that it's long enough to allow for slow periods here and there.

    Glad to see that you're being stubborn, though, and pushing through! And yay on trying to gear up for NaNo -- I'm doing CampNaNo right now, and it's a crazy sort of experience. I don't know if I could keep up with it if I wasn't in the middle of summer vacation, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can all be part of the Life Happens club :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you're consistent! I love that mine is 0, 0, 745, 0, 0. Good lord. Keep it up, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. any one word/thought/bubbling idea is one nearer the end goal - all the best for next week

    ReplyDelete