Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 8/24

Another non-progressive check-in. This time it was more along the lines of unable to get to the WIP rather than no desire to. I plan on diving into it as soon as this is posted. I've been reading and watching movies, so I am very ready to get back to work. Too long of a break.

We brought home the kitten we adopted Sunday and he has been nonstop action. I've yet to see him sleep. Today was the first day that he was given free roam of the house. He has been staying in the TV room while we were at work. As soon as we come home and open that door, he explodes out of the room and never slows. Thus I only have blurry pictures of him. Hoping he chills soon so I can put together a Picasa album of him.

Oliver is starting to warm up to him. He still growls and sneaks away when the kitten gets too excited and bounces on him. I found him sleeping on top the cabinets at lunch. Guess that was his safe place. He is under my desk right now, and the kitten is doing laps around the room. And oh, the Snowshoe attitude and chatter. Gotta love it!

In other news, I am officially part time. Well, officially on my way to part time. Doc FINALLY hired a girl. If I can have her up to speed on the office functions, I will have a much freer schedule by Labor Day. And more "Yey" to go along with that: I got a call from a good friend of mine in Dallas whom I haven't been able to keep in touch with as of late. She, too, has been fighting to get part time work. Starting after Labor Day, she will also be part time. We have plans to get the group back together and spending the weekend on the river and in the Jeeps. Unless it is still blistering hot out. Then I will be leaving my whiny butt in the ACed house with a boat load of chick flicks. We're not as outdoorsy as we used to be.

5 comments:

  1. I too have had those non-productive times and it's always hard to get back in the groove, but it is so worth it when you do! Congrats on the kitty and I hope you have a great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the band back together!

    And good luck with the kitty. In my experience, you can do nothing but wait till she grows out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your new kitten! Glad you want to get back to your WIP, that can only be a good thing!

    Hope when you get down to it the words flow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were several people who ended up taking a break at some point this week. It seemed to be that cycle of the round, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

    Sometimes things are simmering on a back burner, while you chase a kitten. I bet things will be all ready and delicious when you get back to the writing.

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic blog!!! Glad I found it! Love it!!!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete