Sunday, August 28, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 8/28

I finally sat down last night with my WIP with the determination to actually progress the story. It took a few hours of staring at a blinking cursor, blaring music, and cuddling the kitten to get a little more than 100 words out. No, that isn't much. Maybe half a page. Meager. But considering that I couldn't keep my head in the story for two weeks now, it was progress.

I knew what I wanted to write, but it just wouldn't come. I knew I was on to something when I noticed I had turned down the music. It is blaring when I first sit down and review my last entries. The volume slowly comes down as I start to focus and find the words I'm looking for. I'm hoping this means I'm back in business. Just have to stick with it now.

Today will be a challenge. I have my usual Sunday happenings. I also have homework from the office. I'm supposed to type up a order cheat sheet for supplies for my replacement. I didn't have a cheat sheet when I started, but I'll play nice. So I get to go through two massive catalogues and weed out the things I often order. It would be easier, I think, to look over past order forms. But that's just my opinion.

One more thing. It is time to get back to formatting Where to Belong for Smashwords. CreateSpace has sent me one more paperback proof to approve. This has to be it. I'll explode if I try to change one more thing about it. So once I click approve, it will go live within days. I was aiming to have it go live through Smashwords at the same time. We'll see how well that goes. With my scrambled concentration as of late, I don't know if I will survive any more formatting. I am so very close to paying someone to do it for me. It also means that I need to get serious about my options for my author page and sales routes.

Life would be so much easier if I could just write all day. :)


3 comments:

  1. Proud of you for jumping back in. Kiss the kitten on the head for me, would ya? And take one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to sit down to your WIP and 100 words is better than 0 so it definately is progress! I hope you are back in business, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard progress, but progress just the same! Sometimes I'm happier with 100 fought-for words than 1000 that come too easily.

    I'm just beginning the process of converting my book to put on Smashwords. So, tell me... is it a nightmare?

    ReplyDelete