Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 8/31

About that progress....

Oneiros saw 777 words added. I was only able to get to it one day since the last check-in. The rest of the time was spent on formatting Where to Belong, reformatting, re-reformatting, and so on. And no, I didn't type up that cheat sheet yet. I have the catalogs tagged and ready to use. I just have to put all these other projects aside long enough to make it.

Updates so far for Where to Belong:
The paperback version is approved and available. That was pretty near painless.
Kindle version is another story. I thought that would be the easiest part. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something along the way. Hoping to have it all squared away sometime soon.
Smashwords (super easy) is live. I'm still awaiting approval for their premium catalog, which is Apple and such, and thinking I caught everything that would have held it up. I'm horrible at waiting.

I am off tomorrow and am hoping that I will focus on Oneiros and let go of Where to Belong for a little while. When all the avenues are filled, I'll do a little more about getting it out there. It will be a week or so before I get my first shipment. Those are for reviews, local indie shops, and the local library (after friends and family get their copies, of course).

9 comments:

  1. I'm afraid to do a Kindle version of my book...I did one with the book I published in 2008...and didn't have a Kindle reader at the time to check it.

    Recently I got one and checked, and there were some formatting errors. Nothing major, but for a perfectionist...not cool.

    So I'm reluctant to do another e-book. Hope yours works out better.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard quite a few people have issues with formatting for Kindle. Despite that, very exciting time for you with a new book out there. Nice work, Wendy. Keep rocking the ROW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so exciting to read about people who have finished their books! It gives me hope!

    I hope you have a great week and thank you for you encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I hear you on the Kindle formatting! If I remember right, what finally worked for me was doing my own conversion and uploading as epub (I think that's the format they take besides doc and html). Everything I tried before that looked awful.

    Good luck on getting back to the writing! Sounds like we're in similar boats at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear the updates for Where We Belong! Such a great accomplishment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO on the updates :) It sounds like you are balancing all of your projects well - good for you!!

    Go Wendy! :)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have received the Liebster Blog Award http://marieandrewsauthor.blogspot.com/2011/09/iron-butterfly-at-nevermet-press-and.html - awarded for your blogs and fun attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy!

    Thanks for stopping by today. I want to offer my congrats for getting your 'baby' to publishing! I thought Smashwords was fairly easy, too. I still have to tackle CreateSpace, so it's nice to hear you found it easy.
    I must have lucked out with KDP. I had a good experience. I went this route....turn your doc into an HTML and then use Mobi to 'build'. Then use Kindle Previewer to see how your kindle version will look before clicking publish.
    I printed the instructions from Amazon's help site before I started and did all my downloading first. ...Hope that helps!
    I'll have to add your book to my TBR list at Goodreads. If you're on there...send me a friend request.
    Good luck with KDP this week. ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so exciting! A great week :-)

    ReplyDelete