Sunday, September 4, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 9-4

My WIP has been rather neglected. It grew in a few hundred words during the week. I sat down with it yesterday and was able to add 1095. That was nice. It needed it. I'd love to dive right back into it.

But we have a full house this weekend. Very full. I'm not having to entertain, but I still feel like I should at least pretend to host. It is quiet at the moment and I can't decide if I should run for coffee or lock the door and write. Wendy who?

Nothing new with Where to Belong. Now I wait to hear back about my last submissions. I really need to work on this patience thing.

This is the first day this summer that is bearable weather-wise, thus I really should go out and get some stuff done around the yard. These next few days are supposed to be gorgeous, so if I flop today I might yet get another chance. Hoping this is the end of the 100 degree streak. Our electric bill would be appreciative. As would my withered and fried flowerbed.

9 comments:

  1. Hello! My first visit, will visit you again. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts. Congrats for your work. If you wish to follow back that would be great I'm at http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a run of upper 90's as well and then torrential rain, today, finally back to cool. It's nice when it finally eases back and stops trying to cook us.

    Nice word count. I can sympathize with the impatience, it is difficult to wait after having put so much effort into your work. Hopefully, things will move forward for you soon.

    Have a great week, Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been in the 90s all week - not too bad humidity wise, but the sun beckons and it's just too hot to stay out in it. Sometimes you do need to stop and enjoy the weather before it goes away, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself later. Congrats on progress...that's what it's all about! :) *hugs*

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we Texans have been feeling that 100-degree streak! Thank goodness some coolness and wind blew through today. Hope y'all got it where you are! (I'm in Houston area.)

    Glad you added to your word count. Best wishes with ROW80!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are praying for a cool down, while I am cheering for some heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to make progress on your WIP this week, I know how hard it is to make yourself sit down and write! I hope you have a great WIP week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making progress, some days writing flows, some days it's like drawing blood from a stone. It was hitting the 100 degree mark while I was in France. Kinda glad to be back in chilly England. Best of luck on your submissions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's best to just let things simmer and move slowly as the words come--you don't want to burn yourself out! The words will let you know when they're ready. Good luck with your goals this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that the weather has been a bit more bearable, and that the words have been coming along. Hope the rest of your week has been going well!

    ReplyDelete