Sunday, September 11, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 9/11

20,921. That is Oneiros' current word count. I am not happy with that. But, I am also not surprised. I have not stuck to this project as well I wanted to. There are nineteen days left, not counting today, in this month. That means I will have to dish out a little over 1500 a day to hit 50k by the end of the month. If I could do a +50k MS in less than 30 days last year in November, I think I should get at least 50k in the 80 days I've had with this campaign. And since I am now at part-time hours at the office, I should have more time on my hands. Funny thing is I feel like I have had less. There is always plenty to do around here. I have a list of home repairs I plan to tackle this week to go along with my 1500 words a day. I guess I better get my skates on.

Hope everyone is doing great. I am enjoying fellow ROWers' posts.

Until next time ...

8 comments:

  1. time is a very strange creature! I'm sure you'll do well - and after all unlyss there is a publisher biting your heels these goals and schedules are our own! as my friends keep pointing out to me if I bitch about how time is too short. Don't beat yourself up - all the best for this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right....when you think of it in terms of what you can accomplish during NaNoWriMo, it seems completely achievable.

    Hang in there!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't knock yourself short. 20k is still awesome :) Good luck with this week and I hope you get closer to your 50k goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy~
    Yes, I have to agree with you...I often feel like I have less time than when I had more on my plate. I think it's because when I had less time, I structured it better. But I'm definitely not complaining! I like having all this extra time on my hands.
    Here's to reaching your word count goal! And listen to Claudia - 20k is nothing to sniff at! ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always seems that the more time I get the more things I find to do, rather than simply adding more time to things that I am already doing. 20k words is still very good.

    I hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the home repairs... that would be a much bigger challenge for me than writing! My problem is the slippery slope of getting the house in order... it's a time sucker. With three kids, a hubby and a dog, this house is a pit of projects and messiness. ;-)

    Hope the writing goes well. Thanks for stopping by Depression Cookies and leaving support, by far the best part of ROW 80 in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books are not created equal. I could probably turn out a MG boy book every 3 day weekend of my life. My dark YA books take longer--contemporary anything takes me a million years. Chin up, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, I'm sure you'll do fine this month! I on the other hand, am lagging behind, again on my goal!

    Wanted to say hello, I'm also your neighbor, living in Brenham, TX!

    ReplyDelete