Sunday, September 18, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 9/18

This will be quick. I'm sneaking this post. I'll try to do another later today or tomorrow, but we'll see.

I've been busy lately. I'm still getting the hang of the whole "part-time" gig. And to be honest, it is more of an PRN gig. I don't know until the morning of each day whether or not I go in. So I am not able to really plan too far in advance. But I am thinking I should look at is as an out-of-work-writer gig. I didn't go in at all this past week. I think I should have insisted on two days, but I let the new girl take over. Time will tell. I don't think she will last, but I could be wrong. I hope I am. I guess I'm just territorial.

Anyway, sneaking...

Oneiros has had pretty good progress this week. I seem to only be able to concentrate on it in the evenings and on into the early morning hours. Which would be cool if I knew if I was expected to be functional the next day for work. But the story has been coming together nicely. I am already planning to do a total rewrite once this first draft is finished. It needs to be told in first person. Funny, when I finally admitted it, the story started to flow. It was like I gave myself permission to have fun with this draft so I loosened up and rolled with it.

I know I will not be able to complete it by the end of Row80. Where to Belong's sequel is already planned for November, so I am giving myself a pass on Oneiros. I will do what I can with it until November. Then it will have to be shelved until WtB P2 (Always and Forever) is standing on its own.

I will be back ASAP to post again. I have lots of news for WtB and things here on the homefront. Busy, busy week .... with more to come.

6 comments:

  1. difficult to plan as you say but you seem to be doing okay there - hope we will be seeing you back next round - all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually sounds kind of fun to not know whether you have to go to work. I tend to thrive on a non-routine. I like your book cover, by the way! Good luck finishing up this round of ROW80! My WIP won't be complete, either -- but I'm way further along than I would have been without updating the world on a weekly basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck on your goals. You hope you've trained her well, but I think secretly we all hope that the 'new gal' won't last because you should be the only one that can do it the best. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any progress is good, so yeah you!! I LOVE your cover to Where to Belong - so pretty :) I didn't complete my goals either, but I still got a lot accomplished. Definitely looking forward to round 4!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be strange to be 'sharing' your job, it will no doubt take a while to get used to.

    Well done of every drop of progress this week and enjoy the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like some exciting things are happening. Congrats. Hope you'll be joining us for Round 4.

    ReplyDelete