Sunday, October 23, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 10/23

I've managed to stay incredibly focused on my writing as of late.  The run down of the daily word count goals is this:

After checking-in on the 19th - 1008
The 20th was a little more difficult - 502
The 21st consisted of two writing sessions, but I only tracked one - 1053
The 22nd was also two sessions, but I reached the goal early in the day - 1059

I have (if you didn't see the prior post) decided to try my hand at sharing a story daily.  This will be separate from Row and NaNo.  It is something I think that will help me grow as a writer.  Had a bit of a breakthrough this week.  It's nice to know there are so many out there who are in it for the readers.  You have renewed my respect for the field of writing.  I've always admired those writers who regularly make themselves accessible to their readers, and the ones who go that extra mile to share their amazing work with such followers.  I might me biting off more than I can chew, but I'm going to give it a shot.   Maybe somewhere between Row and NaNo and Daily Story, I might become something of a writer.

And thank you to everyone who has been so supportive during the recent bout of family health problems.  I'm not able to post much about updates on Gram, but I really appreciate all of your kind words.  It has helped tremendously.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the word count, I always find my word count is up and down. Seems to me like you are well on your way to becoming a writer. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Gram is doing better. Sounds like things are looking up on the writing front! I like the idea of sharing snips [g] Even if they're short pieces, sometimes getting feedback spurs us on to write more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your word counts are great and I am really impressed with your decision to share you writing....one day maybe I will be brave enough!

    Hope you continue to feel so positive and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, I agree with Katy, you're well on your way to being a writer. As I said on your post about posting snippets, I think it is a great idea, and as Deniz says, good for feedback.

    Your writing is certainly productive this week--good job!

    My thoughts are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you're a writer now. You're doing great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the new meme, Wendy. And a breakthrough? Hmmm, sounds interesting.
    Again, I sure hope your family is getting on better.
    Yes, NaNo is coming quickly. *blushes* I need to finish those character profiles.....stat!

    ReplyDelete