Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 10/5

So far, so good.  I had to rush yesterday to hit my 1k word mark.  I started the day late and never really caught up.  So today has extra happenings.  I already have more ideas to add to the newest WIP.  I'm planning to grab some lunch and open the writings.

Monday the 3rd saw 2256 words.
Tuesday the 4th reached 1164.
I'm going to take out a chunk of what I wrote yesterday and rewrite it this afternoon.  The dialog didn't fit the character, and I need to change that up.

Several of you asked on the last post how I can juggle two WIPs.  It keeps me busy.  I easily get distracted if I block on my writing.  When I have two going, I can set the one aside and jump right into the other.  Especially if I stop in the middle of a paragraph or sentence.  Then I'm not wondering where to pick up.  It just keeps on going as if I clicked play.  But, when it is all said and done, I have to admit that one WIP received more love and attention than the other.

Hope everyone is doing great thus far.  It's nice to have the group back together again.  And don't forget to stop by the #Row80 party on Twitter.  Those are always fun.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, I'm jealous, I want to be past the planning stage so I can start throwing words down again. Nice word count, you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are flying! Congrats on your progress :)

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word counts for the start of this round, well done!

    I had been toying with trying to leave y writing mid sentence or paragraph during NaNo so when I pick it up I hope to know where to go with my writing! Good to hear it works for someone!

    Have a great rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to working on two WIPs. This is the first time I've done that, but I started one of them last year and put it aside to do NaNoWriMo. Then for this challenge, I've been flipping back and forth between them.

    Good luck on your goals, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, it is good to be able to juggle wips if one's moving more slowly than the other. I think I'm just afraid that if I work on more than one project at a time, none will ever be finished!

    ReplyDelete