Sunday, November 13, 2011

#Row80 11/13 and #NaNoWriMo

Progressive.  That is how I would describe happenings since Wednesday's check-in.  I pouted a bit, and told myself I was dumb to sign up for NaNo.  There's no way I can catch up now.  I'm too far behind.  So I goofed around on line and watched a few movies.  I sat outside and enjoyed the cooler weather (which went away today).  I'm still babysitting the Pomeranian for my parents, and she has kept me busy.  I don't know how she knows what time it is, but she is very punctual about her W.A.L.K. schedule.  My favorite (not really) is the 5am adventure.  I make sure to text my parents when I'm out in the dark morning wind in my pjs to let them know I love them.  They just respond with a :).  She is, at the moment, curled up next to my desk a being a good ankle biter.  Diesel (the kitten) steals her food, her toys, and pounces on her once she is asleep.  He is pure evil.  He pulled a wad of fur out of her fluffy tail last night and ran around like it was a trophy.  Poor Dottie.  She, in return, chewed the ears off one of his toys.  He still plays with it.

Anyway, the writing.  Yes, it's happening.  Kind of.  It comes in and goes.  I've decided to let A&F have the days, and Shattered Remnants runs rampant at night.  The only catch is that I'm focusing on book two of SR, not so much on the beginning.  Thus, I have not updated posts on SR because they all contain major spoilers.  Boo on that.

How can you stick to the order of events when they come at random times?

11/9 - 2403
11/10 - 953
11/11 - 1938
11/12 - 2331

Hubby has been cooperative and has handled dinner more than I have this month.  That is a big help.  I'm struggling to keep up with his work clothes, though.  I cut it close this week.  And he has agreed to handle all the grocery shopping and 'fun' stuff like that for the remainder of this month.  But, November is my only pass.  I'm rarely working at the office, so I'm home more often than not.  The deal was that I would do the usual 'home ec' bits while he worked all day.  I've always said I would never be a housewife.  He has always said all he wanted was for me to be a housewife.  He figured I would eventually see more pros than cons about the arrangement.  I've eaten my words as of late.  I dread getting a call from the office.  I am loving the free time to write and work on the house.  It has been such a relief.  And we've decided I'm not a housewife, I'm a starving writer.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you're doing well, at least you'll be a good chunk of the way in when November winds down, try not to burn yourself yourself out.

    Sounds like the cats showing the dog whose boss. I'll be offline for a week now so best of luck for the rest of the week and I'll "see you" next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've "reframed" who you are: not a housewife, but a starving artist.

    Nice perspective.

    Good luck on the writing...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that word count! Nice. A housewife and a struggling artist both have such vivid images attached to them. You've kept to your convictions about not being a housewife. I bet you'll keep to NaNo in the end as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your word counts are great and I hope you are still giving NaNo a go?

    Great that your husband is being so supportive. The people I have told have been brilliant...am taking my laundry to my parents next weekend as my mum correctly sensed that would be one of the things to fall by the wayside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1900+/day average. Not too shabby for a starving writer. ;-) Nice work, Wendy. Keep Rockin' The ROW!!! ~clink~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that -- "not a housewife but a starving writer"! That's exactly how I feel :-)
    It's awesome that your husband supports you all the way so you can work on your writing career.

    Good luck this coming week. Oh, and I am your newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only NaNo wasn't in Nov. It's already a crazy month. Too many things to do, so little time! Wonderful post. I so relate.

    ReplyDelete