Sunday, November 20, 2011

#Row80 11/20 & #NaNoWriMo

I can't believe this month is just flying by.  I remember that it seemed to drag last year.  It's not fair how time pulls stunts like that.  Mom and Dad are finally back home.  Poor Dad is still really sick.  He had yet another appointment before the weekend, and was sent home with a stronger Rx.  I hate seeing him like that.

But they're home.  That has to help.  No one likes being ill away from home.  They stopped by the night, err, early morning when the got into town.  The were wanting to leave the bearded dragon with us and pick up their dog that badly.  I think it was a fair trade.  Dottie is fine and adorable and an absolute doll, but I'm just not a dog person.  The dragon is more my style.  I don't think she likes me, but I hope to bribe her with grapes and carrots.  Colt is making sure she gets her share of crickets and 'super' worms, but they gag me.  That's all his.  He doesn't seem to mind.  His friend stopped by last night and took a turn feeding the dragon a worm.  Yuck.

I do have to say one thing.  I do not like how she looks at my tort.  That's not cool.  Torts are not for eating in this house.  And the dragon is big enough that the poor tort wouldn't stand a chance.  She's huge.  I've always known her name to be Joanna, but my aunts are calling her Julie.  Gram always called her Dragon.  So we have another critter with multiple names.

As for the Row80 front and NaNo madness, it's gone surprisingly well as of late.  I'm finally caught up with where I'm supposed to be for NaNo.  The group that meets on Twitter for #wordsprints get a great big thank you.  I don't know what it is about getting together and writing, but it helps a bunch.

Wednesday the 16th - 2716
Thursday the 17th - 1947
Friday the 18th - 3031
Saturday the 19th - 2304

I'm at a point in the story were I just want to spend all day writing.  Go figure I have loads of laundry and dishes that can no longer be ignored.  But I'm hoping next week will be extra quiet and calm, so maybe I'll be able to wrap this one up before the end of the month.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

5 comments:

  1. Wendy, my best wishes for your dad. You're doing fantastic with your ROW80 goals and with NaNo! I'm glad you enjoy the sprints. They really seem to be doing something amazing for a lot of us! Good luck this week with everything - I hope it's great and productive :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the NaNo front, Wendy. Was a lot of fun getting to sprint with you and the others this past week. Hoping to do more of the same over the next couple of days.

    By the way, I have a "fattie cat" as well, Blackie, ten year old male and he's been beefing up recently. Still a cute little kitten in his head though.

    Have a great coming week, Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets are great - although I have to confess that I don't take to anything with scales. No-uh-uh. We have a German Shepherd, Zutchka, who is nearing a year old, and seven chickens - which my boys have names for. That's the animal collection here!

    Great job with NaNo! Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. doing well with nano - I still havent tried the sprints prob because its so difficult to work out the time zones - never been good with time - take care of the torte and keep smiling

    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice wordage Wendy, and that bearded dragon sounds so cool. Hope your dad gets better soon, and good luck for the week.

    ReplyDelete