Wednesday, November 30, 2011

#Row80 & #NaNoWriMo Victory

As of only a few minutes ago, my NaNoWriMo WIP has the official purple bar of victory.  I am currently rocking out to Linkin Park's Waiting for the End and trying to keep up with Twitter.  Yes, there is plenty of singing off-key and dancing in the chair by me.  I will soon remember my age and get back to work.  Eventually.

I owe everyone a blog visit.  I am so far behind on checking in with everyone.  I'll get on that.  You all rock.

Always and Forever is far from finished.  I panicked slightly when I hit 30k and realized I was yet to get to the point.  Most likely, the first 20k will either be cut or completely revamped.  I also have to admit that if this was not a NaNo project, I definitely would have dumped it before the end of the second week.  It has not gone well.  But that's okay.  It's a first draft.  An incomplete first draft.  It is no longer the boss.

I have three books waiting to be read.  One will be downloaded the moment it is released and I will probably spend most of tomorrow reading while curled up in a comfy chair.  Mireille Chester, I'm talking to you.

A big thank you to everyone for you encouragement along the way.  And a huge congrats to everyone who took part in NaNo.  It was so much fun to scramble for that psychotic word count with you all.  I am greatly relieved to get back to the manageable and incredibly tolerable pace of Row80.  It is far less painful.

The writing will continue.  The partying will continue.  But first, I need to beat the pile of laundry back into its place.

27th - 1567
28th - 3014
29th - 1227
So far today - 1798

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Completing NaNo is a huge accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Congrats! I'm really glad for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the purple bar!

    ReplyDelete