Sunday, December 18, 2011

#Row80 12/18

And it's Sunday.  Sunday evening at that.  I'm a bit behind.  I don't know how time has managed to sneak by yet again.  I'm not ready for Monday.  I haven't done any of the laundry.  There's probably three loads I need to do tonight.  The rest can wait.  I aimed to do it this morning, but it didn't happen.

In the writing world, little has happened in the typing department.  I'm scribbling in my notebook and looking through old ideas I've penned in the past.  I don't know where all of this comes from.  I don't remember much of it.  I guess it's good that I wrote it down in the first place.

Submission.  Eek.  Yeah, I'm still sitting on the nearly completed form.  It's for a small publishing house.  They're kind of a local indie publisher.  Well, local as in not too far away.  One of the questions, which I knew this was coming but still managed to goof, is asking what writings my book could be compared to.  The problem is I don't usually read general fiction.  I'm more of a fantasy kind of girl.  I've since picked up several general fiction books and have liked them, but I wouldn't say mine is similar to these.  Maybe The Brave by Nicholas Evans, but then again, not really.

Then there is an agent that is now accepting queries.  I've been following her for longer than I care to admit.  I haven't tried communicating with her in the past simply because I'm not confident I have anything she wants.  Yes, she takes my genre, but I'm still very new.  But if I could pick any agent out there, it would be her.  So now I don't know if I want to go ahead and submit to the publishing house or try her first.  Both have an estimated two week turn around and try to give some sort of a response whether or not they take it.  I need a push. 

The library here in town is officially carrying my book.  That made my day Friday when I found out.  They've asked me to come in and to a signing.  Maybe I'm being simple, but I think that's exciting.

15th- 302
17th- 480

I couldn't begin to have an idea of what I've added to the notebook.  I can't stay on one page.  I jump around way too much when I'm working with pen and paper.

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny to measure in word count, because so much more goes into writing a book than just writing the book! Sounds like you're at an exciting juncture; good luck making a decision, but don't waste time second guessing. I'm thrilled for you that your library asked you to come in and do a signing, that would have me super excited, too! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the library carrying your book and the signing. That is wonderful news.

    Looking forward to seeing you in 2012. ROW80 support has made me such a better writer.

    Wishing you the best of the holiday season and many blessings in 2012!

    ReplyDelete