Wednesday, December 14, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 12/14

Easy check-in today.  Not good, but easy.  I haven't written since the last check-in.  Sunday was busy.  Monday was Monday.  Yesterday consisted of cleaning the house, rearranging the spare room, and cleaning out closets.  I now have the Grand Cherokee LOADED for a trip to Goodwill.  We could probably have a pretty good yard sale with all this stuff, but I'm being lazy.  I feel like I'm restocking the store.

Though writing has not happened, both A&F and SR have been running circles in my head.  SR more so.  I didn't realize we were so close to the end of the round.  Yikes!  I need to get on it and make some progress.

Maybe tonight.  I still have one more book shelf to empty, clean, and move.  Then I swap a few more pieces around and I think I'll be done rearranging.  One plus to all this, my office will have more room!  Downside: my back and wrist have had enough.  I feel like I've aged thirty years in the past 48 hours.

I do have a question I'd like to pose:
Do you agree with sharing your work for free?

I know I download the free books and novellas just to try them out.  I've found some of my favorite authors that way.  And the majority of my favorite authors are indie.  Since I've started sharing Shattered Remnants on the blog, I've gotten loads of emails about giving away my work, that I am cheapening it.  I don't exactly see it that way.

Anyone care to weigh in?

2 comments:

  1. I feel lazy and slow this time of the year. And the thing is, there is more stuff to do! Kids' shows, cookies baking, presents shopping, etc ...
    I've been slacking a little too, but it's because I'm so busy outside of my writing world.
    I think ppl at GoodWill will be very happy with you lol
    I hope you can get some writing done tonight.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten the same comments about selling my book for 99 cents. I really don't see the problem. My goal is to get people to read my books. Hook them on one, and they'll come back for more.

    I read my first Amelia Peabody (by Elizabeth Peters) from the library. I've since acquired pretty much every book. I rarely hear people complain that having a book in the library cheapens it.

    ReplyDelete