Sunday, December 4, 2011

#Row80 Check-In 12/4

Almost missed another check-in.  Busy day.  Good busy.  But that does mean it's been less than great for writing.  I've hit the post-NaNo slump.  A&F is still going, but I lost my train of thought for a day or two.  Then Shattered Remnants came back with a vengeance.  I'm going to have to sit down and let that one roll for a time.  Top it all off with a whole new idea.  Yep.  Why not?  My head is going to explode.

I've only read one of the books I promised myself.  Loved it.  Will easily read it again.  Iron Knight and Inheritance are sitting on my book shelf giving me the evil eye.  Literally.  Have you seen the spine to Inheritance?  Creepy eye staring at me every time I walk by.

But lots of family and friend time as of late.  I was in dire need of that.  Now I'm in dire need of sleep.  And laundry is probably planning an assault some time soon.  I just want to sit down and write and write and write.  It'll happen.  Eventually.  Now it's back to the rat race.

11/30 - 1798
12/1 - 1701
12/2 - 168
12/3 - 599
12/4 - (as of yet) 0

And I'll leave you with an idea of only a part of my adventure from this weekend's excitement.
Ping pong in high heels.
Don't question it.

6 comments:

  1. I see you're progressing nicely. And new ideas are always good and welcomed, even if they need to be filed for later lol
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was a good day! That should help with the post-nano slump. I think a few of us are still experiencing it, myself included. Make sure you relax if needed!! Especially before tackling that creepy eye and all that laundry lol. Have a great week!!

    Oh and p.s...I'm trying to work out a sprinting schedule this week to post with my goals. I know I can't continue at the pace of everyday, but was thinking maybe 3 times a week or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ping pong in high heels." - LOL. A new idea to top things off. hehe. Yep, that head of yours is going to explode ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Wendy!! Those word counts are FAB. Totally laughing over the high heels/ping pong - great mental image. I love the new look of your blog, by the way. The green/black is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, as Lauren says, a whole lot of people are having slumps; like I told someone yesterday, you have to rest after a sprint like NaNo.

    What is it with the idea thing? I get the same thing. I motor along no ideas, no ideas, bam! 20 ideas! But Juliana is right--theya re always welcome!

    Have a great week--and ping pong in high heels, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the same place. I am trying not to think of it as a slump but as a cool down or debrief time. Maybe simply as an 'exhale'!!!Family/friends time is VITAL and I look forward to lots of it over the holidays. Your word count are great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete