Sunday, February 5, 2012

2/5 #Row80 Check-In

I missed Wednesday's check-in.  I was pretty happy with the word count and progress with SR, but I never got around to blogging about it.  I was also delinquent in reading others' check-in.  Seems like everyone is still doing very well.  The #wordsprint has had a nice turnout.  Though I didn't get to all of them this week, and the hour didn't result in loads of words for me, I worked through a few scenes that I've been trying to iron out.  Daily word counts were good.  I haven't been watching the official tracker.  Even still, lots of progress.

I didn't get any writing done yesterday, though.  Most days saw +1k.  One day hit only 400.  I thought I'd get to it yesterday and today, but it didn't happen.  I have one of my nieces for the weekend.  I feel bad to abandon her to the playstation and lock myself away.

The first night, I had both nieces.  They kept themselves entertained.  They tried to teach my husband how to 'shuffle'.  I should know what that is.  I am very ashamed for not knowing.  But it was fun to watch.  Those girls are nonstop energy, and Colt never backs down from a challenge.  A thunderstorm passed through, and the girls are scared of storms, so we got out flashlights and blankets and goofed around until everyone was tired enough to sleep through the rest of the storm.

Then Saturday, one niece went to a friend's house, and we took the other with us as we looked into a few pet stores with saltwater supplies.  We managed to come home without an incredibly adorable bunny and guinea pig.  It wasn't easy.

Saturday night was wingstop, more playstation, and lots of running around the house and dancing in the living room.   I planned on sneaking away to do some writing when they put in a movie, but we were having some problems with brown-outs.  I'm guessing it was the from the wind.  As you know, I'm a chicken about anything related to electrical issues.  So I shut most everything down and did dishes.  Yep, the dishwasher is out.  I don't know how long it will be down.  But dishes are a mindless chore, so I get plenty of time to think about where the next scene in SR will go.

An update about the whole saltwater tank deal:  The tank is now cleaned out and filled with water.  The next step is to make sure the filter system is working right, and balancing the chemicals.  It's happening slowly.  I think I still have lots of reading to do about it, though.  I definitely don't want to rush this.  We're taking our sweet time.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your salt water tank. :) Sounds exciting...
    I love thunderstorms... especially the part with the flashlights and blankets..

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you didn't know shuffling. I'm usually clueless on this stuff too, but my tween and teen told me about it and then Nicole Basaraba introduced the ROW80 theme song: http://universecityblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/overheard-on-the-row80/ (at the bottom of the post). Now, I'm in the know!

    Great job with the 1k's! I'm glad you enjoyed those nieces. Best wishes getting in the writing you want to do. Happy ROW80!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these posts about real-life, family fun. ROW is a community for writers, but more than that, it's a community for real people with life beyond their writing.

    All the best with your endeavours - writerly and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete