Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Next

So, several weeks back, my husband and I set up yet another challenge for ourselves.  Colt wanted to reach out for a new position at his place of employment.  I finally took a chance and queried WtB.

Colt studied two and a half massive text books.  He set up a server network in his office and wrote code to make sure he had what the department was looking for.  He worked very, very hard.  He was called in for two interviews.  He got the job.

The publisher I wanted to work with the most opened for submissions awhile back.  I beat and hammered and polished out a query for WtB.  I researched the publisher and all their editors.  I studied their blog posts and kept up with their tweets.  WtB was edited again, and I submitted it to the editor I believed was the best fit.  The wait was nerve-wracking.  I stayed busy with three other WIPs.  Today, I got the official rejection.

Once again, hubby won the challenge.

To be honest, I did not expect to be picked up by the publisher.  I aimed high.  But I'm glad I can at least say I tried for that group.  Now I can't worry about the "what if's" while querying other publishers.

And a little more honesty, I still hoped.

So I'll stop reading the rejection letter and turn off the depressing music before too much longer.  There's plenty more projects sitting here staring at me.  I can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment