Monday, March 26, 2012

Howdy

Yes, I missed the last Row80 check-n.  Maybe even the last two.  I lost track.  But writing has been minimal for a little over a week now, so there was nothing to report.  I guess I decided to be sickly last week and that really got in the way.  So I ended up reading.  A lot.  The Deed of Paksenarrion (all three books).  It was pretty good.  I liked it well enough.  I put book two down a few times because it lulled a little (to me), and book three had some difficult scenes and situations, but I'm glad I went ahead and finished it.  The first book was the best.  I could easily pick it up again.  I downloaded them from the publisher to the kindle because I kept getting ink all over my fingers from the physical book (and I only had book one, so I needed the rest anyway).  Anywho, I liked Paks as a character and her story was very interesting.  The supporting characters were just right.  There's lots of ups and downs all the way through it.  Some of the events that Paks goes through were a bit much for me, but I can see how it made her that much stronger in the end.

Now I'm fired up to get back to my own writing.  I'm hoping to get to it sometime this morning.  There's lots of housework to catch up on, but I think I'm being a bum.  Oh, and I found the final two seasons of Due South.  I haven't started them yet.  I thought I'd be done by now, but stuff happens.  And I rented The Three Musketeers last week.  I'd watch it again.  I really liked the different take on the story.

And the Chael's Luck Blog Tour is stopping by (I think the 12th of April).  I'm not quite ready just yet, but I am looking forward to it.  Mireielle Chester has quite the hop planned.  There will be giveaways and such.  Who doesn't love giveaways?  Besides, it's an awesome story (One of my favs).  I'll be sure to get back with more details before the 12th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment