Friday, June 1, 2012

Uncharted

I didn't mean to go so long between posts.  It wasn't that I had nothing to say, I've just been really good at losing track of time.  This past week has been busy.  For me, not a bad busy; but for others, not so great busy.  We had a house full this weekend and made some new friends.  Kayaking and swimming happened, and lots of awesome food.  I pretty much dropped on the floor when the last guest left.  Colt and I watched two episodes of Lost and called it a night.  I slept in Tuesday morning in attempt to delay the attacking dishes and laundry.  It didn't help.  But before I could begin to tackle it, the phone rang.

My niece had some trouble at school that morning, and my sister was understandably upset.  I couldn't do much to help, but I still went over to her house and took her a chocolate bar.  Chocolate makes everything better.  Tuesday was a long day.

That means I get to the cleaning Wednesday, right?  Nope.  Some of Tuesday's drama spilled over and mixed with other developments on Wednesday afternoon.  My phone got a workout, and I managed to take care of the dishes, but the day was pretty much a blur.  Oh, besides the fact that I attempted to jump right into the advanced Pilates after not doing them for a year.  Yeah, that was dumb.  I'm about to go try them again, at an easier pace.

Thursday was 5th grade graduation for one of my nieces.  We had lunch at my sister's house and goofed off most of the day.  I got home in time to heat up left overs for dinner and finish what was left of the laundry.  I felt accomplished. 

A new idea came to me Wednesday night / Thursday morning.  It has been a good distraction.  I might try something new with it.  Maybe make it a short, or a novella.  It's still brewing at the moment, but I think that may be a nice change of pace.

Other than that, it's reading, revising, Pilates, and Lost for me.  Midnight grocery trips keep things interesting, and I some how manage to come home with decent food stuffs.  I was doing better with the whole 'eating better' bit, until today.  Yep, a whole bag of BBQ chips.  The saddest part - that's not a record for me.  But it has been a LONG while, so I hope I can get past that here soon.  Apples and carrots have been a staple.  Now I'm running low on apples.  That is a problem.

We're still planning on a trip to South Padre, but we're not exactly sure when we will be able to go.  That's ok.  It seems there is something every week from here on till October.  July was of the least active until recently.  The friends we had down this weekend have decided they'll be back in July.  I'm glad of it.  It's been awhile since we've all gotten together like that and just had fun.  We're thinking a drive-in movie and camping.  Whatever happens, it should be fun with this group.  They're all creative people.  There's no such thing as too many fun-folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment