Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Finally Finished Lost

That's it.  It's over.  I'm all out of episodes.  I'm not too sure what I think of the ending.  I was expecting something a bit more on the epic side.  Even still, most of the characters were very enjoyable.  Jack and Sawyer were on my nerves more than the others, but I'll get over it.  Ben, Locke, and Hurley were my favorites.  Ben was one of those bad guys you keep hoping isn't really bad, then you get excited when he's about to get his due, then he pulls out the "I don't wanna be a bad guy" card and you can't decide if you want to hug him or push him into the smoke monster.  Speaking of the smoke monster, yeah, I didn't see that coming.  Well played, writers of Lost, well played.  Richard was an interesting fellow.  I noticed the whole "no aging" thing, but it didn't click until it was pointed out by Locke.  There were a few characters who met their end and left me wondering WHY.  But then again, I guess the final episode was meant to tie that up.  Sun and Jin kept me on my toes.  Their entire ordeal, I think, was the best out of all the people of Lost.  Rose and Bernard were adorable.  I cried over Charlie.  My husband yelled at the TV about how stupid and pointless his sacrifice was, but I still cried and missed him.  The idea of the "Others" went back and forth between exciting and annoying.  The polar bears gave me nightmares.  That might be partly because I'm a chicken, and partly because I'm terrified of bears.  I loved every scene with the bus in it.  Sawyer teaching Jin English made me laugh so hard I cried yet again.

All in all, I'd say I liked the series.  Ending each episode with a cliff hanger kept me on the futon for longer than I'll admit to.  There are a few episodes I might go back and watch again.  Some I'd just like to see again, others I think I missed something.  I also have to say I'm glad it's over.  I can be overly obsessive, thus I gave Lost far more time each day than I meant to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment