Wednesday, July 18, 2012

#Row80 Check-In 7/18

I wouldn't call what has happened since Sunday 'progress'.  I thought I had things just where I wanted them to be with A&F, but now I'm hung up again.  There is a certain situation in the story that I am undecided about.  I'm worried it might be too much angst.  There's a fine line, I think, between plot driven drama and over the top - gag me - drama.  If I take it out, the ending will need drastic changes.  If I leave it in, I'd like it to flow a lot better than it is at the moment.

With this bouncing around in my head, I have moved back into my office.  The living room stood in as my office and the coffee table as my desk for the past week, but now I need more concentration and less distractions.  There's lots of windows in the living room :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy, we've all been there. The sight of a sunny summer's day out the window can sure wreck the motivation. Back to the office girl, you can do this! shakes pom-pom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even small successes are progress!

    Good luck to you on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! We really are hung up on the same issue...lol. I've contrived three separate ways to bring this drama to a head...sigh. It'll come. It will...trust me...:} (spoken like I know what the heck I'm talking about..but just go with it...lol)

    As for cover images - don't listen to me. Ha! I love my previous three covers. Really I do. But they were so easy to decide upon. I sort of wing it. (I've nothing pithy or sage-like to add, sorry :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like A&F is going to be way awesome. I'm looking forward to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    Hang in there :-)
    As my late father used to say, "Cheer up, things could be better!"
    I miss his humor - think of some happy, fun memories and relax.
    It will come!

    ReplyDelete