Monday, July 9, 2012

#Row80 Sunday Check-In ... On Monday 7/9

I gave into peer pressure and missed yesterday's check in.  Storms knocked out the power to the city's water treatment plant Saturday night, and the city went into emergency rationing Sunday.  That meant all non-essential businesses were ordered to close, pretty much everything except gas stations and the hospital.  Every restaurant, church, and store was shut down as of 9:30 Sunday morning.  It was weird.  We made a couple stops to check in on a few peoples, then headed out of town with a small group.  Hanging out in Austin supplied breakfast, lunch, shopping, and plenty of water for the day.  I've never realized how much I like water.  Sunday evening consisted of left overs, popcorn, and Lost.

The world of writing happened mainly Thursday and Friday.  I've nearly conquered the biggest plot bunny in A&F.  It feels good to say that.  Now, I have two more holes I skipped while writing, a character to take out, and some cleaning up to do.  A little more than the first 1/3 of the manuscript has been rewritten.  That was my biggest hold up.

But Saturday was spent cleaning and making up for the zombie-writer-mode that I stuck to earlier in the week.  I'm glad I caught up on all the laundry and dishes and such Saturday since the water was under restrictions Sunday.  It's kind of disconcerting to know our city's water supply can't last an entire day without severe rationing.

Anywho, back to the edits/rewrites.

1 comment:

  1. Better late than never!!! Sounds like things have been a bit crazy for you over there. I hope you manage to plug those holes and you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete