Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Am Ashamed

Yes, I've been avoiding the blog.  Shame, shame, I know.  I'll try to make up for it.  A quick ramble will have to do for now.

Let's see ... what's been happening?

Bits and pieces.  Little bits and pieces.  A&F is still here staring me in the face.  I get in the mood every now and again to work with it.  I know I've said it many times before, but it is so close to being finished, it hurts.  The cover art is currently being created.  That is a nice and sturdy push.  It might just be me, but getting to see the cover is of the more exciting parts of writing stories.  It's the image your story will be associated with.  Maybe I'm just being dramatic.

Oneiros has forced its way back into the mind.  Of all my WiPs, I have to say it is the most fun I've had writing.  I don't know what it is, but Oneiros is my escape of escapes.  I wasn't serious when I started it, and I wrote the end before the rest.  Weird.  It has a bit more to go, but not too bad.  I sent it (the chunks that are on the computer) to a few friends to let them know what I've been up to.  I love getting feedback from them.  But, this time I think I've summoned the cattle-prod once again.

One of my friends, we'll call her BFF (and not just because she encourages my hobby), texted me the same night I sent Oneiros to her.  I got a call from her in the week again about the WiP.  Her love for it was growing.  She has ordered me to finish it.  When BFF says to do something, you do it.  That's it.  No way around it.  So, she's Oneiros' keeper, or bodyguard, or guardian.  I've dubbed her my agent for the story.  She gave me lots of ideas to work on and set a tentative due date of July.  We're supposed to catch up again Sunday and make some rules for me to work by.  I've needed that.  I've shared my hopes and plans about Oneiros with BFF.  She is taking those and combining them with reality and her advice and we'll have a more defined due date.  As in manuscript-packed-and-postmarked-by date.

The idea kind of scared me at first.  Now I'm telling myself to shut up and get to work.  So I guess I better find all my notebooks and obey BFF.  A&F is still on my desk.  It will stay there until its final edit.  My plans for it are not the same as my plans for Oneiros.  Is it odd that I write these stories with different goals in mind?  I can't say that any two have been aimed at the same target.  Maybe that means I'm still looking for my genre and platform.

Anywho, BFF has also demanded I not leak anymore pieces of Oneiros until it is finished.  That will be hard to promise.  I've always liked sneaking little samples out on the blog.  We'll see how that goes.

Yep, two WiPs once again.  That's ok.  Keeps it interesting.  I'm still kicking.


Oh, and BTW, if you like anime of any form, I highly recommend giving Steins;Gate a try.  I loved every bit of it.  The story is addictive and the characters are a blast.  There's too many twists and turns to keep track of.  Just go into it knowing you're in for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment