Monday, April 21, 2014

A Shift in Time

It's been too long since my last post.  I'd like to say there is nothing new here, but that wouldn't be true.  It may even be safe to say everything has changed.  Some was planned, the rest was consequences.  Still settling in, so I'm not sure if this is going to be my new constant.

LONG story short:
Sold the house within a month of listing it.
Hubby was sick, too sick.
Housing market had very little to offer.
We found an apartment.
We have shrunk down to a one bed one bath apartment.
Lots of stuff is gone, mostly given away.
Simplifying is never complete.
Oneiros was shot down by Tor.
That's alright.  I cried like a baby, but I know I couldn't have handled the pressure that would have undoubtedly followed gaining a publisher, especially as awesome and epic as Tor.
New ideas and story lines happening.
Cello is kind of intimidating in an apartment.
It's been a year without grandparents, and that really, really sucks.
Learning to breath.  Is it ever as difficult as I make myself believe?

Yep, we're back to the apartment life.  I'm liking it so far.  It's much smaller than our house, but it's lots less to worry over and maintain.  That is a plus.  I was all excited about the gym and pool though I haven't used either yet.

I feel like I'm starting over in many ways.  But I do believe that is a good thing.  As long as I stay focused and honest, everything will fall into place.

My stories are still my escape.  I'm not sure why, but I've migrated back to the trusty notebook more than entering tales into Scrivener.   This may be the nerdy-writer-side of me, but I feel like they are safe there.  The world's a big place and I'm a small person and my stories are even smaller.  The hermit is winning.

1 comment:

  1. Its a new beginning! :-) Best wishes to you in your new apartment, sounds very nice to me. Go and discover that pool!

    Note books are precious and comfy, and hold all our ideas. The pen in motion gives us richer words, more emotional, I really do think we write differently.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete